Background Image for Header: West Virginia scenery
Learn More About WV Forward
West Virginia has a strong talent pool of trained and educated workers. However, employers must know where to announce their job openings and talent must know where to search. WV Forward has connected with higher education institutions and skilled labor unions to provide contact information for employers to post jobs and learn more about the available workforce throughout the state.
While West Virginia has seen recent success in attracting landmark business projects, the key driver of job growth is a healthy start-up and small business ecosystem. WV Forward identified the need for a comprehensive capital providers index after the blueprint underlined the limited availability of risk-tolerant capital for West Virginia businesses. WV Forward researched and compiled “100 Ways to Get Startup Capital: A West Virginia Entrepreneur’s Toolkit,” which includes a variety of direct funding sources such as grants, equity investors and alternative lenders.
WV Forward Information and Research
- 100+ Ways to Get Startup Capital in West Virginia
- Moving at the Speed of Business
- Mapping out a career in the cyber, IT or coding sector: Where to find jobs
Understanding the Barriers That Prevent Women From Entering or Staying in the Workforce to Improve Overall Participation
The Wage Gap for Women in West Virginia
- Enhancing Educational Opportunities for Women and Girls in West Virginia
- Human Capital Challenges in West Virginia, with a focus on Women
About WV Forward
- West Virginia Forward Information
West Virginia Forward Boilerplate
Presentation: Summary of Findings
- McKinsey & Company's Scope of Work
Be part of something bigger.
We want to hear from you. Share your ideas. Stay informed. Help us move West Virginia Forward.